Pages

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Baby Shower!

I helped throw a shower for one of my old co-workers and dear friend.  It was a surprise shower; she had no idea!  We played the clothespin game and when she walked in, she just kinda looked around and was like "why are you wearing pins?  and why is your name Onesie?"  LOL!

We always joke that the program I used to work in was the worst job in the world. LOL.  I thought it was appropriate to give out mini mixers as a prize!  

This tag is so funny with it!  It's an old SU hostess set.

Some of us don't drink so I figured some bath prizes were good too.  These sets are a shower gel and a lip gloss from Philosophy at Sephora.

This stamp is from the same SU hostess stamp set.

Bath and Body Works hand soap made a good prize too.  :)

Here are the shower favors.  The local exchange had a clearance on these Tic Tacs.  I think they were only 13 cents each or something ridiculous like that.  There are tons of tutorials online on how to cover the big pack Tic Tacs.  I thought I had to make a template myself until I came across Melissa's site.  What a lifesaver!!!

Here's the cake!  Got it from the commissary.  It was SO GOOD.  And only $18!

All of us went through hell and back together.  Love these chicks (and little man!)

I also gave out "booby prizes."  Losers of the games got a gift too!  A bag of prunes, a can of Spam, a pack of ramen noodles, tapioca pudding, and the leftover clothespins.  LOL!

Entering this into Decorate to Celebrate's shower challenge.

'Till next time!


11 comments:

Trina said...

Ramen & spam? How Hawaiian! ;D Sounds like you went shopping on base! I miss being young enough for my id... Looks like a good time!

Lisa said...

These decorations are just incredible, Cely!! I love them!! What an awesome shower this must have been!! You are so thoughtful and creative!! Thanks so much for playing along at Decorate to Celebrate!!

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts
Decorate to Celebrate DT

Migdalia said...

Thanks you for leaving a sweet comment on my blog!I am a new follower!
http://craftingwithcreativem.blogspot.com

Migdalia said...

Love your baby Shower favors!!!!TFS

Rhonda Emery said...

very cute and a great idea thank you for joining us at decorate to celebrate

jessica said...

What a fun baby shower!!! Love all the favors :)
Thanks for sharing!!!

Creations by Shirl said...

What fun baby shower, looks like you all had some happy moments going on there.... love all those cute projects - how generous and creative..
And that cake is just super cute and cheap....At least you can have some advantage with some great deals at the Military baseyard, huh!

Amy said...

Amazing and fun baby shower decorations!!! Love the idea of booby prizes!! Thanks for playing at Decorate to Celebrate! :)Amy

Sherrie K. said...

Sounds like a FUN shower! your decorations are all amazing:)
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Cyndi said...

These are such awesome favors and prizes! So creative! Looks like they had lots of fun!

Shar said...

ooooooo now this one I have to do!!! Thank you for the Link!!!

Post a Comment