Pages

Sunday, August 3, 2014

Getting to Know Me

Aloha bloggy buddies!

 This is a different kind of blog hop, it is called "Getting to know me" I have been given four questions to answer. I was tagged by my good friend Diana.  She is an incredible woman and has been supporting me and my blog from the very beginning. You can check out her blog here: http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com
 These are the following questions I have been asked to answer.

 1. What am I working on?
I just came back from Hawaii and I literally have nothing in my card stash! I have 2 craft fairs this weekend, so I'm making cards like a madwoman. Currently I have 14 card layouts on my desk waiting to be put together.  I make about 5-30 cards per day as I sell these at fairs and in shops around town. Love my job!

 2. How does my work differ from others of its genre?
I think I'm more cutesy that anything else.  I'm Asian and love Hello Kitty and just everything Kawaii, so it shows in my work.  I struggle to do masculine cards or earthtone cards! My favorite colors to use are pastels. I also think I'm pretty Clean and Simple. I'm also a big fan of corny puns!

3. Why do I write/create what I do?
 Because I love it! I was a teacher before I did Hawaii Paper Party full time.  Sometimes I miss it, but you really can't beat your own business and especially if that business is doing what you love!  I also like the smiles that come across people's faces when they come by my craft booth and find something they like or that someone else would like. 

4. How does your writing/creating process work?

Honestly, I think I work pretty backwards! I color images first. Then I pick colors that would suit the image that I just colored. I don't work on one card at a time. I layout a bunch of cards (usually about a dozen) and move pieces around like I'm making one big scrapbook page.  Once I get everything the way I want, I glue everything down.  Everything gets embellished at the same time too. Sequins, pearls, rhinestones, candy dots get added at the end and I apply them to the bunch of cards in my pile at the same time.  


I love working with Copics. I'm always experimenting with different techniques and ways to make things look more realistic.  I'm also a big sky sponger too! 

This was my best seller this year.  Clean, simple, and punny! :D Even though Copic cards is my main thing, I like to break out my Cricut once in awhile to make a bunch of cards at once. 

Here is another one I made for Lia Stampz Design Team. The challenge was clean and simple :) Love the CAS challenges!

I probably color mermaids most often.  I have a thing for mermaids. :)

This was another best seller.  I'm a hobby Stampin Up demonstrator and use their products on all my cards (all my cardstock is by SU). This one I ended up playing with the dress form framelit dies.  Love it! This card was also a big hit in my Etsy shop. 

Now for the tagging!


Shirl Nases - my fellow Lia Stampz DT sister and one of my first supporters on my blog.  I got started meeting people by signing up for her swaps!

Nancy Nickel - another fellow Lia Stampz DT sister! She's always so sweet and leave me bloggy love all the time! 

Marianne Grimbly - one more fellow Lia Stampz DT sister! She is also a fellow Etsian and sells her cards in her shop called The Card Chalet.

And of course, the person who tagged me is Diana of DL.Art. Thanks so much Diana!








8 comments:

Creations by Shirl said...

hehe, okay I will have to gather my thoughts and get right on to it.....You sure caught me off guards on this one...LOL!

DIANA L. said...

Wow! what a wonderful post, thanks for sharing all the great projects.So happy you are successful in selling them and I just love seeing all your coloring. It is fun getting to know you better.. Hugs DIANA L.

jessica said...

Super adorable cards Cely!!! Love your designs!

DIANA L. said...

What a wonderful post- Getting to know you is great all your projects are wonderful and I am so glad you are successful with selling your cards they are beautiful. Thanks for playing along. Have a Blessed day, DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com



Lisa said...

I loved reading about your creative process, Cely!! And looking at your amazing projects!! Fabulous post!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Karon said...

Such a wonderful post and pleasure to read! Have a wonderful week.

Beebeebabs said...

Very nice work!!!

Renee B. said...

Great to get to know you a little better Cely my friend! I only wish I could make 5-30 cards a day!!!! Love the "Pop" can card....actually, love them all but that one appealed to my silly sense of humor!
Hugs, Renee

Post a Comment